Turquoise Card Regulation has been announced on 14.03.2017 dated and 30007 numbered Official Gazette, which is a similar practice of United States of America’s practice knonw as GREENCARD. Please find below our review of the regulation.
1. WHAT IS TURQUOISE CARD?
– Turquoise Card gives indefinite work permit and residence permit to foreigners.
– Turquoise Card also gives residence permit to foreigner’s relatives.
2. WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS GRANTED BY THE TURQUOISE CARD?
People who have a Turquoise Card;
– Do not have military service obligation,
– Do not have voting rights, do not have right to stand for election and cannot work as public servants.
– Are treated by relevant institution and corporations as Turkish citizens regarding residence, travel, working, investment, commercial activity, inheritance, purchase and transfer of movable and immovable assets.
– Provided that the transition-period record on the card is removed, Turquoise Card holders and their relatives can get Turkish citizenship with the proposal of the ministry.
3. WHO CAN GET TURQUOISE CARD?
– Persons who are considered as highly qualified labor force in terms of education level, wage, professional knowledge, experience, science and technology contribution,
– People who are qualified as high-quality investors by their level of investment or export, the size of the employment they provide, their contribution to scientific and technological development, – Scientists or researchers,
– People who have worldwide success in cultural, sports and artific activities.
– People who are contributing to the promotion of Turkey in international level, are in activities which are in benefit of Turkey, can get a Turquoise Card
4. HOW CAN WE APPLY?
– Foreigner can make his/her application through Turkish Consulate, Embassy or similar representative if they are outside of Turkey. If foreigner is in Turkey (with a valid visa, residence permit and similar legal way) he/she can make an application from the online system to be established.
– Turquoise Card holders’ relatives shall make their residence permit applications through provincial immigration administration until the necessary technical infrastructure is completed.
5. HOW CAN TURQUOISE CARD HOLDERS’ RELATIVES APPLY TO RESIDENCE PERMIT?
Turquoise Card holders’ relatives will make their residence application together with the Turquoise Card application but it can also be done within 90 days after entering Turkey provided that such 90 days does not exceed the visa period or visa exception period.
6. WHO ARE CONSIDERED AS TURQUOISE CARD HOLDERS’ RELATIVES?
Turquoise Card holders’ spouse and their children who are not are considered as adult by law.
7. WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION?
– Application Letter,
– Passport or similar document,
– Certificate of conformity from relevant institutions and organizations, if there is any
8. ARE THERE ANY FEES APPLIED FOR TURQUOISE CARD?
Turquoise Card holders shall not pay work and residence permit fee and Turquoise Card holders’ relatives shall not pay for residence permit fee.
9. DOES TURQUOISE CARD HAVE A EXPIRE DATE?
– The Turquoise Card is given for the first three years with a period of transition. During such period, Turquoise Card holder activities shall monitored through an auditor
– Auditor prepares follow up reports each 12 months. The content of such report shall be determined by General Directory.
– During the transition period, foreigner is obliged to provide in fifteen days all necessary documents requested to the Ministry.
– The deficiencies determined according to the prepared report shall completed within 3 months by foreigner. In case the foreigner does not complete the deficiencies the Turqouise Carc may be cancelled.
– 180 days before the transition period expires, foreigner needs to request to remove the transition period register on the card to make it definite. In case such application has not been made, the card will be automatically invalid.
– As a result of such request, auditor shall give a report about foreigners’ transition period. According to this report, the transition period will be judged as positive, or negative. Positive means foreigner have a right for Turquoise Card and Turquoise Card shall be indefinite and negative means transition period shall be continued or foreigner lost his/herTurquoise Card right.
10. HOW DOES TURQUOISE CARD BECOME INVALID?
Turquoise card becomes invalid in below cases besides the request of foreigner;
– In case the foreigner does not enter Turkey within 6 months from the validity date of the Turquoise Card or in case foreigner stays out of Turkey for a continuously period of 2 years.
– In case the passport or the document replacing the passport expires and does not renewed provided that relevant Turkish authorities does not accept such nonrenewal.
– In the case it is determined that foreigner is working as unregistered employee or is working against the regulation on law,
– In case it is determined that foreigner has not worked for at least 1 year,
– In case it is determined that Turquoise Card has been obtained with fake document or false/wrong information,
– In case the documents requested from foreigner during the transition period are not given within the required time,
– If the foreigner is understood to be a person prohibited under the Law of Foreigners and International Protection,
– In case relevant institution or corporations informs that giving working right to such foreigner is against public order, public health and public security.